Yamaha FS1E Project bike
By: Web Editor
No matter how carefully you sort a project like this one, if you didn't dismantle the bike yourself and keep notes there will always be an element of the jigsaw puzzle about assembling it.
Filling the tank with 20:1 two stroke mix I turned it on and began to prod the kickstarter when I noticed that fuel was pouring from the tap where it screwed to the tank, as well as gushing from the carb overflow. So, despite a hint of life from the engine, I had to stop straight away and postpone the start up until I could source the correct sized fourpenny fibre washer to seal the tap to the tank.
Comment on our videos: register or log in to add your comments to our video features below.
Video hosted by ©YouTube
Responses to “Yamaha FS1E Project bike”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Yamaha FZ750 Special
• Honda CB550 F2 • Honda CB400T
• Jarno Saarinen Replica ridden
• James Whitham's Suzuki X7
• Stan Stephens' Spondon RD
• Niall Mackenzie's Yamaha RD400
• Yamaha Thunderace • Buyer's Guide
• Knowledge • Q&A • Workshop Skills
• Next issue on sale: March 18, 2015